You can also subscribe to the Alberta Annual Electric Industry Study by fax or email via our paper application forms (Click to download PDF): EDCA Alberta Annual Electric Industry Study Order Form (2019)
*1 Issues are remaining for current 2019 Subscription Year.
*The latest Alberta Annual Electric Industry Study Issue will be included with the 2019 Subscription.
*Purchase price for 2019 reflects the cost for the issues to be delivered in the remaining time period.
*Purchase price represents the 1-time purchase price. GST is applicable to all prices. Prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Alberta Annual Electric Industry Study
The Annual Study provides a detailed market review of market fundamentals using Monte Carlo technics to help assess the risk associated with long term investment decisions in the Alberta Electricity Market. Forecasts are created by experts that have been providing this analysis for over 20 years.
The Annual Study includes:
- A detailed discussion of key macro-economic factors that affect the Alberta economy
- A long-term review and assessment of electricity market fundamentals relating to electric energy and ancillary service supply, demand and price under a low and high scenario
- A complete overview and probability assessment with respect to all proposed generating plant additions and retirements
- An feature chapter is typically dedicated to a topical issue of the day
- A detailed discussion of the forecast results & key price sensitivities
- Key input and output data tables
- Full color report issued in electronic format—typically 200 pages
Who could benefit from the Annual Study?
- Generation Developers / Owners or Project Proponents
- Retailers or Large Industrial Loads
- Wholesale Marketers
- Importers / Exporters
- Power Pool Participants
- Anyone with a long-term vested interest in the Alberta electric industry
Value to the Client:
Forecasts are generated by a team of professionals dedicated to regularly analyzing electricity fundamentals
Qualitative and quantitative results are derived from using state-of-theart forecasting tools and methodologies that have been tested by industry participants
All forecasts are generated stochastically at the hourly level and provide a probability distribution through multiple seed forecasts for each scenario presented
Be assured that proper due diligence has been performed, while results are independent and unbiased
Custom electricity price forecasts can be generated based on clientbased and project specific assumption set (these projects are priced separately)
The Annual Study
- Annual issue—typically delivered in Q1/Q2 each year
- Discounts are available for corporate affiliates
Note: Report and data files are delivered electronically in PDF and Excel file formats