You can also subscribe to the Quarterly Forecast Update by fax or email via our paper application forms (Click to download PDF): EDCA Quarterly Forecast Update Order Form (2020)
*3 Issues are remaining in the 2020 calendar year. The remaining 1 issue(s) will be delivered in the following year. Subscriptions related to the purchase of future years will begin delivering issues once you have received all issues related to the prior year's subscription.
*Purchase price represents the 1-time purchase price. GST is applicable to all prices. Prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Quarterly Forecast Update
The Quarterly Forecast Updates are the benchmark price analysis used to assess long?term investment decisions in the Alberta Electricity Market. Forecasts are created by industry experts that have been providing this analysis in the Alberta market for over 20 years.
The Quarterly Forecast Updates include:
- A discussion of key macroeconomic factors that affect the Alberta economy
- A long-term review and assessment of electricity market fundamentals relating to electric energy and ancillary service supply, demand and price
- A complete overview and probability assessment with respect to all proposed generating plant additions and retirements
- An assessment of key market and regulatory issues that may impact market fundamentals
- A detailed discussion of forecast results and key price sensitivities
- Key input and output data tables
- Full color report issued in electronic format
Who could benefit from the Quarterly Forecast Updates?
- Generation Developers / Owners or Project Proponents
- Retailers or Large Industrial Loads
- Wholesale Marketers
- Importers / Exporters
- Power Pool Participants
- Anyone with a long-term vested interest in the Alberta electric industry
Value to the Client:
- Forecasts are generated by a team of professionals dedicated to regularly analyzing electricity fundamentals
- Qualitative and quantitative results are derived from using state-of-the-art forecasting tools and methodologies that have been tested by the industry
- All forecasts are generated stochastically at the hourly level and provide a probability distribution through multiple seed forecasts
- Be assured that proper due diligence has been performed, while results are independent and unbiased
- Custom electricity price forecasts can be generated based on client-based and project specific assumptions – these projects are priced separately
The Quarterly Forecast Updates
- 4 consecutive Quarterly Forecast Updates issued on or about the 15th of February, May, August & November
- One-year subscription (4 Quarters)
- One off issues also available
Note: Report and data files are delivered electronically in PDF and Excel file formats