*50 Issues are remaining for current 2019 Subscription Year.
*The latest Electricity SMP Predictions (ESP) Issue will be included with the 2019 Subscription.
*Purchase price for 2019 reflects the cost for the issues to be delivered in the remaining time period.
*Purchase price represents the 1-time purchase price. GST is applicable to all prices. Prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Electricity SMP Predictions (ESP)
Let "ESP" guide your electric energy decisions using proven and accepted analytical methodology and procedures.
The Electricity SMP Predictions include:
- Two-page short-term summary report of the detailed hourly forecast (balance of current year plus 1 year)
- Electronic data files that include all hourly data
- Forecast hourly Alberta pool prices derived from a dispatch of all generation unit capacity to meet hourly demand
- Stochastic price distributions are generated from natural gas price volatility and generation outages through multiple simulations
- Easy to read graphical representation of electricity pricing information
- Maintenance schedule for Alberta generation units
- Monthly Alberta Natural Gas (AECO-C) pricing, monthly peak demand and energy forecast assumptions
Who could benefit from ESP?
- Generators / Retailers
- Ancillary Service Providers
- Price Sensitive Industrial & Commercial Load Customers
- Marketers / Importers
- Power Pool Participants
- Risk Managers or Production Schedulers
Value to the Client:
- Most economic way to stay on top of the week by week movements in short-term hourly wholesale electricity prices
- Provides forward hourly price information to assist in your energy procurement or production planning decisions or budget and risk management activities
- Up-to-date electric price forecasts based on current market supply and demand fundamentals and natural gas price to spot market risk or opportunities
Electricity SMP Prediction (ESP)
- Issued every Monday (except on statutory holidays)
- 52 consecutive issues (1 year contract)
- 26 consecutive issues (6 month contract)
- Single issues available
Note: Report and data file are delivered electronically